Tuesday 18 March 2008

whatever happened to

Pop Stars making really cruel love songs? Maybe I'm just out of the loop now but when was the last time Gary Barlow wrote a good chart song about being really cruel to women? ... In fact, the more I listen to the Rolling Stones, the more I think Mick Jagger was the first gangster rapper.

Check out the similarities to Geto Boys. The educated listener will notice their obvious homage to 'the grandfathers of Gangster chauvanism' [70s rock stars] by sampling Pink Floyd.

Wow... forget the Wizard of Oz, I think I need to go back through Dark Side of the Moon and see what other films it provides a soundtrack to... Shaft??... Superbad??... Black Caeser??


Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (Right Click to Save)

Geto Boys - Let a Ho Be a Ho (To Download from DivShare)


Spot the Difference...
Mick JaggerBushwick Bill

No comments: