Tuesday 30 December 2008

Grimmest Grime Video Ever

Rap videos tent to err on the side of decadence much of the time, too the point where I often feel like I'm going to develop a case of Gout if I watch MTV Base for too long. Grime videos, in contrast, often attempt decadence and fall desperately short- average looking girls, Elizabeth Duke 'bling', crap cars, an ugly crew and grim weather are the hallmarks of much of Channel U's fare. Hats off, then, to Giggs and Hollowman, who seem to have fucked off all of that and filmed a menacing ode to violence in the shittest rec room ever. It goes to show all you need is some Stone Island and a paper cup to appear much harder than 50 Cent, there's a real understated Britishness to this that brings a patriotic tear to my eye.



I stumbled across this when I was looking for Talking The Hardest, Giggs' freestyle on the Ard Bodied mixtape, turns out he knocked up a video for that as well.



(I know this is quite old but I'm not exactly Prancehall)

No comments: