Tuesday 7 October 2008

Problem Child

I had a real bout of childhood reminiscence last week, as I found myself off work for the first time this year with a ‘cold’, i.e. laziness. It brought back loads of memories of the films I used to watch when I was off school. There was one about a kid who played Nintendo games, which after a little research I thought might be ‘The Wizard’. Except I can only remember him sitting in the middle of the desert playing games by himself, which seemed pretty far from any clips I could find on youtube…

Anyways, I remembered how much I loved Problem Child when I was a kid and was pretty relieved to find my memories of the movie were fairly accurate to the film itself. The only bummer was that I couldn’t watch the whole thing on TV. So I was pretty chuffed when I sat down to watch Cape Fear and saw Robert De Niro, in turn, sit down to watch a film in the cinema, and that film to be… Problem Child!! Brilliant.

Honda should make this little episode into one of their adverts about loving how things just ‘click’ sometimes.



De Niro's tattos in Cape Fear are also worthy of a few pictures...



2 comments:

COMPLETELY ADORABLE said...

that kid is a bastard. the girl is melodramatic but in the best way

O'Real said...

his costume is the best. kids make any fancy dress costume look so much funnier than grown ups.